BASIC FREE package for self-studying Start anytime Lifetime video access
Once you have enrolled you will have access to the workshop content at the bottom of the page.
Suitable for beginner to intermediate level.
In this workshop you will create a beautiful composition of sunflowers. First you will play with colourful puddles to create a background for your drawing. Then, you will draw free hand flower silhouettes based on your background pattern.
You will be given an option to trace a template in pencil before you start the watercolour background.
Get inspired by student’s work:
How to get access to the tutorial content
- Watercolour paper (any type) - 1 sheet. Sthrathmore 400 series 300gm2 was used for demo
- printer paper for a photo reference (optional)
- Any brushes, at least one big and one small
- Hair dryer
- Pencil and eraser
- A jar with water
- Paper towels
- White Gouache, or White Opaque COPIC, or Bleed Proof White by Dr.Pr.Martins
- Watercolour paint (any yellow, red or orange)
- Ink markers at least three sizes: fine, medium and bold. The SAKURA MICRON markers were used for demo; sizes 005, 01 and 08
- table cloth, old flyers, any paper big enough to protect your working table