In this lesson you will learn the followings:
- Basic techniques of blending colours; basic, dots, blobs, smudges and sharp edges
You will do a few practical exercises:
- Value and texture study, balls
- Exercise: Donuts
- exercise: Ice Cream
What to do before
- Please print and transfer the reference image to your paper: template “Donuts”;
- Please make ready 1-2 sheets of paper for practicing exercises;
- PLUS on an additional sheet of paper draw four circles (about 5 cm). I outlined a bottom of tea cup to create four circles.
For homework :
- Please print and transfer the reference image to your paper: template “Ice Cream”.
How to transfer the image:
1. Print it in black/white
2. Hang the printed image on a big sunny window or use a light table
3. Tape or alight the paper over the printed image
4. Trace the image using a marker 0.5 mm (or MUJI pen 0.38mm)
Please watch the videos first, and then practice your paintings. Do it as many times as you want.
When done, choose the best result. Take a good photo of your work.
Make sure you take a photo during day hours with diffused light to avoid shadows.
Please ensure your images are cropped to show only the painting.
Do not include mats, frames or backgrounds of any kind.
Upload your result in the window below under COURSE CONTENT.
The file can not be deleted by you once it uploaded.
Part 1. Blenders
Duration 4 m
Part 2. Blending Techniques
Duration 31 m
Part 3. Value study
Duration 20 m
Part 4. Practical exercise “Donuts”
Duration 59 m
Part 5. Practical exercise “Ice Cream”
Duration 28 m