Take two courses for 12 weeks and get 2 classes FREE!
This Academic Pencil drawing course is a basic program for the absolute beginner level to intermediate level.
For those who feel that something is missing in their knowledge base.
For those who want their drawings to have more air, atmosphere, correct tonal shades and a strong perspective.
This 12 week course is the foundation for future drawing and painting work. This intense program covers themes from the material choice to the basics of light and shadow.
What this course gives you?
If you want to draw and not just trace, then this course is for you!
You will learn:
- how to hold a pencil so that your drawing stays clean and un-smudged;
- how to set up your work space;
- how to create a strong and balanced still life composition and how to set up the light for the composition;
- why the contrast of light and shadow is the most important aspect of your work;
- how shadows form the shapes and values of subject;
- and much more
Materials and tools you need for the course:
– Printer paper for photo references (optional);
– Drawing paper, at least 15-20 sheets Format A4 (printer paper) plus 1-2 sheets Format A3 (double printer paper). You might need more, depending on how many home work exercises you will be doing. You can use any type of paper for your class and home exercises, even printer paper would be acceptable to use. Although for the better result the drawing paper with weight 80 lb. (130g/m2) or more is recommended. My recommendation is Strathmore 400 series Drawing paper, 80lb.
Pencils; 2H, H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B. You can use any type of pencils. My recommendation is Blackwing; Derwent, Staedtler Mars Lumograph;
– Artistic tape;
– Eraser. You can use any type of erasers. My recommendations are: black eraser, electric eraser and kneading eraser;
– Paper towel and Kleenex;
– Drawing board (the board which you will tape your paper to); You can use a clipboard or any smooth surface board big enough to place you paper on it;
– Pencil sharpener or Craft knife;
– Dust brush (optional);
– Blending Stumps and Tortillons (optional);
– Q-tips (optional);
– Sanding paper sharpener (optional);
You will need an account to access courses on the site. The account may be created here or during checkout. Once checkout has been completed and your payment processed, an email containing your login information will be sent to your specified email account.
Please use your login information to access all purchased courses and workshops in “My Account”.
Access to support materials is scheduled a few days before the first Zoom class.